It is important to update the QuickBooks Desktop application regularly to effective use. But, what if users get errors while installing the update? Well, this blog is going to brief you on one such issue known as QuickBooks error 1603. It comes up on the screen when a user installs QuickBooks or open it after the installation. There are two different error messages that users get on the occurrence of the error – “Error 1603: There was a problem installing Microsoft .NET Framework [version].” or “Error 1603: The update installer has encountered an internal error.” Take a look at the complete blog to understand what gives rise to error 1603 and how to fix it.
If you are wondering how to fix QuickBooks error 1603 once and forever, give a call on our toll-free number 1-855-856-0042 and get direct support from the certified QuickBooks expert’s team
What are the factors that trigger QuickBooks installation error 1603?
Take a look at some of the causes given below:
- Corrupt or damaged installation of QuickBooks Desktop.
- Presence of damaged Microsoft components on the computer.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Missing PDF Component
Fixing QuickBooks Desktop error 1603 with Tested Methods
Method 1. Make use of the Install Diagnostic Tool from the QuickBooks Tool Hub to fix error 1603
- Once all company files are closed, quit the QuickBooks Desktop application and open Intuit’s official website.
- From the site, download the setup file of the latest QuickBooks Tool Hub version and save it to an easily approachable location.
- Go to the location, open the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file and implement the steps that prompt on the screen.
- You need to mark the agree to the terms and conditions checkbox to install the QuickBooks Tool Hub successfully on your workstation.
- Once the installation is finished, open the QuickBooks Tool Hub by clicking the icon and choose the Installation Issues tab.
- Select QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool and wait around 20 minutes to repair the installation issues.
Method 2. Use Selective startup mode to clean install QuickBooks Desktop
- Prepare your data by creating a backup company file and then note the QuickBooks license number and product year.
- Switch to Selective startup mode by following the steps given below:
- Open the Run window by hitting the Windows + R keys simultaneously at the same time on your keyboard.
- When the Run box opens, type msconfig and select OK.
- Go to the General tab, check the Hide all Microsoft services checkbox and click Disable all.
- Clear the Hide all Microsoft services checkbox, check the Windows Installer checkbox and click OK.
- Head to the System Configuration window and click the Restart button.
- When the computer starts in Selective startup mode, clean install QuickBooks and switch back to the Normal mode.
It’s time to put an end to our blog on QuickBooks error 1603. We hope the information shared in the blog above helps you eliminate the issue forever. If you have any doubts regarding the same, get in touch with the certified QuickBooks expert’s team by calling us on our helpline number 1-855-856-0042.
You may also read this blog: QuickBooks Error 6000 83