If you are searching for a way to split your PST files then you must go through this blog. In this blog, we will be knowing about the techniques a user can go through for splitting the PDF files. Moreover, it is all up to the users to select their choice method. Let us first know why a user needs to split their PST files.
Why does a user need to split their PST files?
Methods to split the PST files
For splitting the PST files a user can follow the manual method of splitting or can use the professional method of splitting the PST files. Follow any of these methods to split your PST files.
Manual Splitting methods
In this section, we will be knowing about how a user can split their PST files manually. There are many methods to split the PST files manually. A user can choose any of these methods for the splitting of the PST files. Let us have a look at these methods
Method 1: To use the Move to Folder option
For the splitting of the PST files using the move to folder option a user has to follow the below provided steps.
- Launch the Microsoft Outlook application to start the process.
- Click the ‘File’ menu and select the Account Settings option after it selects the Account Settings button in the upper left.
- Then click the Data File tab and at the same time click the Add button to add a new PST file and give it a unique name for convenience.
- Once added, go to Home and open the old PST file in your Outlook profile.
- Select the item you want to move to the newly created PST file.
- To move it, click the Move tab on the ribbon, then click Copy to Folder.
- After running the Copy to Folder wizard, select the newly created PST file and move the selected items from the old PST file.
- After moving the items to the new PST, follow the purpose by deleting the copied items from the old PST and reducing the old PST size.
Second method: There are many manual methods to split PST files with the help of import and export option
- First, open the Microsoft Outlook application on your system.
- Then click the File menu and select the Open and Export option and click on the Import / Export button.
- The Export and Import Wizard has an Export to File option.
- Click Next to continue.
- Then, in the Export File window, find and select the Outlook Data File (.pst) option and click Next to proceed to the next step.
- The Outlook Data File Export Wizard opens, selecting the Export folders and subfolders and then selecting the Include Subfolders option.
- Now, to select the location of the exported file, select the Browse tab, stop exporting duplicate items, and click the Don’t Export Duplicates option.
- Finally, click the Finish button
Method 3: How to reduce PST size in Archive Wizard
If you don’t have an automated PST splitter, you can also use the Archive Wizard method to split large PST files into smaller files.
- As usual, open Microsoft Outlook and follow the given navigation,
- Now, click on the File menu and select the Info option then choose the Clean-up Tools and select the Archive button.
- Then, the desired archive Select a folder and select the date you want to archive the item.
- At the same time as the second step, click the Browse option to save the item and give it a name like “New PST File”.
- Finally, click the OK tab to confirm.
These are some of the methods for the splitting of the PST files using manual methods. Users do face many restrictions while following the splitting of the PST files.
About the Split PST app
Users can use the Softaken Split PST software for easy splitting of the PST files. The app is an advanced solution for every single user who needs to split their PST files. Users can split the PST files without even downloading the MS Outlook app. Moreover, the app supports the splitting of both the UNICODE as well as ANSI language PST files. The app also provides various advanced features for every user so that users can easily split their PST files.
How the app works
Without any hurdle, users can follow the steps of the splitting of the PST files. These steps are provided below;
- Download this Split PST app from your app
- Install the app
- Select the file you want to access
- Preview the files
- Select the option you want or want to remove or reset the password.
- Finally, click the “process” button.
These steps can be easily followed by any user without any hurdle.
Features of the app
Many advanced features are provided by this advanced tool for easy splitting of the PST files. these features include;
- Split files of different sizes:-Users can split PST files of any size freely. This application supports splitting GB files into MB files. Hence, this amazing tool provides desired results for its users.
- Saving files:-All splitter PST files are saved wherever the user wants to save them. The application has a browse button to find a specific destination to save the split PST files.
- Secure Tools:-The application is secure. All data is kept with all security. There is no possibility of data leakage or data corruption from the application.
- Windows Compatibility:-Users can rest assured that the application will work, so they can use this great tool on any version of the Windows operating system. From old to new versions of Windows, users can use this amazing tool.
- Standalone Tools:-Users do not need to rely on other applications to split PST files. A self-sufficient tool that performs split tasks without hurdles.
This blog deals with the splitting of the PST files. A user can select any of the methods discussed to split the PST files. A user can undergo the manual or the professional method of splinting the PST files.