The number of users using QuickBooks, a practical accounting program, is increasing constantly. However, some bugs in the app’s fundamental coding restrict users from using it further. One of these, for instance, is QuickBooks Error 50004. Users that attempt to set up, activate, or send their direct deposit encounter this problem. The most frequent cause of this issue is when the user performs the aforementioned actions in multi-user mode. So, when attempting to do this, switching to single-user mode is advised. What transpires, though, if the user runs into the same issue in single-user mode? What should we do now? To learn more, read the complete blog.
What Sets Off the QuickBooks Desktop Error 50004?
Let’s examine the causes of QuickBooks Payroll Error 50004 now that we have a better idea of what it is.
1. Transmitting direct deposits in group mode.
2. If the time and date are incorrectly displayed by the system.
3. Error 50004 appears when QBDT loses connectivity to the server.
4. Improper firewall and system security settings.
5. The older Windows operating system or QuickBooks Payroll.
You may read also: quickbooks error 6190
How to Fix Error 50004 in QuickBooks?
The most crucial part of the blog has finally been reached, and in it, we’ll discuss how to swiftly fix the 50004 QuickBooks direct deposit activation error.
Modifying the QBW.ini file in QuickBooks Desktop is Method 1
The initialization information for the QB is kept in the QBW.ini file. You may be able to modify the program’s behaviour by editing the file.
1. To open the Product Information window on the QuickBooks desktop screen, concurrently press the Ctrl and 1 keys.
2. Next, select the Open File button in the Technical Support box by pressing the Ctrl + 2 keys.
3. To access the QBW.ini file, find it and double-click on it.
4. Find the text “[QBLICENSE] PAYROLL BUNDLE STATE=Y]” in the file when it is displayed and change Y to N.
5. To close it, select Save from the File tab.
6. Go back to QuickBooks and check to see if the Payroll Activation window is visible.
7. If so, go through steps 1-4 again and remove the line that reads “[QBLICENSE] PAYROLL BUNDLE STATE=Y].
8. If not, move on to the next option.
Attempt method 2 by running QuickBooks as administrator and turning on direct deposit
The problem could be fixed by starting QuickBooks Desktop as an administrator. The error might disappear if you try to enable dd again after that. Pay close attention to the following stages as they could fluctuate slightly depending on the payroll volume.
1. To search for QuickBooks desktop, click the Windows icon and type QuickBooks desktop.
2. Place the choice under your cursor, then choose Run as administrator from the context menu.
3. Click on the Employee tab in QBDT and then choose Employee Center.
4. After choosing the name of the particular employee, click the Payroll Information option.
5. To access the Direct Deposit window, select the Direct Deposit option.
6. Next, pick the number of accounts and press “Use direct deposit for [employee name]”.
7. Fill out the bank account information correctly for the employee.
8. Finally, click OK to confirm and use your PIN to authorise the action.
You may see also: QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error
Utilize the tool for data validation and reconstruction in Method 3
The Data Validation and Reconstruction tool is most useful in such circumstances, whether you are experiencing discrepancy difficulties, transactions are missing from the list, or even if you are unable to enable direct deposit. Here is how to carry things out:
1. Click the Files tab after launching QuickBooks Desktop.
2. Select the option for Verify data under Utilities by scrolling down. Run the machine.
3. You might see one of three possible messages; react accordingly.
a) “QuickBooks has not discovered any errors with your data” does not necessarily indicate a problem.
b) In the event that an error notice pops up, click it and adhere to the instructions.
c) The “Your data has lost its integrity” verse instructs you to use the Rebuild Data program to fix the harm to your data file.
4. Click the File button once more, then select Utilities. Choose Rebuild Data this time.
5. After creating a backup file, select OK.
6. The attachment procedure can take some time; refrain from using the screen during this period.
7. Tap OK when you see the message “Rebuild Completed.”
8. It’s crucial that you confirm that the harm has fully healed.
9. To complete this, open the window and then run the Verify Data tool once more.
Know more about this message warning: quickbooks error 1712