If you are looking for an answer to your problem of “How Do I Fix Quickbooks Error Code 6144 82” then this blog is the right place for you. This is one of the most common errors in Quickbooks that people face nowadays. This error occurs in the application because of an inappropriate network setup.
But this is not the only reason that you will see Quickbooks error 6144 82 on your screen. It can also happen when multiple users access the same company file, simultaneously. These are just two of many reasons that can trigger this issue.
And when your desktop gets bugged with this problem, you will get a warning message saying, “We’re sorry. Quickbooks couldn’t open your company file. We’ll try to fix the problem.”
Recommended to read :- QuickBooks Error PS038
What can cause Quickbooks Desktop error 6144 82?
Knowing exactly what’s causing this error on your desktop is very important. For that, you will have to run a diagnostics. The error 6144 in Quickbooks can be caused due to any of these.
- If there is a damaged installation or a corrupt download of Quickbooks software.
- When you made a change- small or big, in any file of Quickbooks, might have triggered the corruption in Windows Registry.
- If there is a corrupt file in the Windows system or in your Quickbooks- it might cause this error.
- Quickbooks Desktop error code 6144 82 can also be caused due to an infection or virus in your desktop. This can restrict certain functions.
Resolving the Quickbooks Error Code 6144 82 to reduce the downtime
The solution of “error 6144 82: Quickbooks recent company list registry” is quick and easy to follow. But it is suggested that you should create a backup for your company file. And there is another way which is “auto data recovery” that will safeguard your data.
- Open the Quickbooks company file folder.
- Locate all the .ND (Network Data files) and .TLG (Transaction Log Files) on your device.
- Right-click on them one by one and rename them.
- All you need to do is simply put an (.OLD) at the end of the extension.
- You will have to do the same for .ND as well as .TLG files. After that you will have to simply click on “Enter” to complete the task.
If you yes still facing problem, you can talk to our team and ask anything related to error on chat and also calling our toll-free number Dail +1(855)-738-0359.
Quickbooks Error 6144 82 is quite easy to resolve and you might do that quickly. But if you get stuck at any point, even during diagnosing the problem- do not remain stuck. You can give a call on the number that’s given on our website. Our certified experts will assist you in resolving this problem right from the very beginning. After reaching out to us, you will not have to worry about anything. And if there are additional issues in your Quickbooks, our experts will help to fix them too. visiting our website or by calling our toll-free number Dail +1(855)-738-0359 and get connected with the certified QuickBooks expert’s team
Visit Boast City to read our other blogs provide by us