QuickBooks is indeed one of the best software for accounting, which helps smaller and medium businesses. This software lets the users put their hard work into potential needs by handling their financial aspects. This software also enables you to install multiple QuickBooks versions on your computer system, which means you can simultaneously access more than one version of QuickBooks.
But, there are various conditions you need to follow before installing multiple versions of QuickBooks on your computer. This blog will introduce you to those points and the steps of installing more than one QuickBooks in your system.
Consider These Points before Installing Multiple QuickBooks Versions.
You can install multiple versions of QuickBooks on your computer, but you need to check specific points before installing various QuickBooks versions.
A few terms will help you understand better how it works.
Version: Version is nothing but the numerical symbols of the release of products.
Edition: It is a set of characteristics present in the product. Premier, pro, and enterprise are some examples.
Flavor: Flavor is the industry-specific set of sub-characteristics in any product. Non-profit and retail are two examples.
Region: Region is nothing but a specific location. Like the United States and Belgium.
- On your computer, you can run more than one version of QuickBooks. For example, suppose you are using premier 2018; you can also start using premier 2019 if you have access to the accountant edition.
- You can also install the same version of QuickBooks desktop pro or premier and enterprise.
- You can install only one flavor for a premier or enterprise version.
- In times of edition, only one edition, like QuickBooks premier and enterprise, can run at a time. For example, suppose you need to open QuickBooks premier 2018 and require opening QuickBooks Enterprise 18.0; then you will have to close QuickBooks premier to open QuickBooks.
- Installing only one QuickBooks region in a different computer system is advised.
- It is impossible to exchange data between multiple QuickBooks versions (years).
Install Multiple QuickBooks Versions on one Computer.
The following steps are to install multiple QuickBooks versions on one computer.
- First, you need to download the version or edition of QuickBooks on your computer.
- After downloading, save the file on your preferred location or Windows desktop.
- Then move to download and locate the downloaded file exe.
- Double-click on the .exe file and start the process of installation.
- During installation, you need to accept the requests and follow the instructions as the software asks you.
- When you will reach the window called choose your installation type.
- You will have to hit on Custom and Network options.
- Click Next.
- Another window will pop up with custom and network options with three choices. Remember, if you do not plan to share QuickBooks with the network and use it offline, then choose to say I’ll be using QuickBooks desktop on this computer. On the other hand, if you plan to share QuickBooks with a multi-user network, you can select any other option per your choice.
- After this step, when you are done installing multiple QuickBooks versions and editions, QuickBooks asks you to replace the things currently running in your computer system.
- If you don’t want to replace it, you don’t need to do it.
- Since you have avoided overwriting data, you must create special install folders for each version and edition.
- In the Change or upgrade installation location window, press Change the install location.
- Now you can locate the folder by clicking on After that, right-click and hit create a new folder on the window.
- Then tap on the folder you have created.
- And then, follow the instructions one step after another, shown on the screen.
- After completing, hit on Finish.
You have to install all versions perditions of QuickBooks in the same process we mentioned.
We also recommend you update the QuickBooks for the latest release after installation.
- To do that, launch QuickBooks software and hit on the tab Help.
- In the sub-category, select the option Update QuickBooks. And follow the instructions to proceed.
- You can choose Schedule automatic updates if you don’t want to update the software manually.
Installing multiple versions of QuickBooks is not rocket science; you must follow some procedures to achieve your goal. If you also install QuickBooks software, follow the steps mentioned in our blog. If you face any difficulty, you can contact our toll-free number 1-800-615-2347. Our trained and experienced QuickBooks error support team will solve your issue.