Sometimes you want to Recall an Email in Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, after sending it to someone. Luckily, Outlook supports it. Now this article introduces how to recover emails in Outlook. Read on for more details.
Most of us have had the heart-breaking experience of sending a message to the wrong person. Imagine a situation where your Boss asks you to send an important document and you just send a message without attaching the document! Very embarrassing, isn’t it? In this situation, you need to remember your Outlook email. So, keep reading this informative article to recover Outlook messages.
But we were able to solve this problem easily even after sending the email with “Remember This Message” option in Outlook. Let’s see what it’s like? But before going into this technique, let us understand what and why users need to recover deleted emails by Outlook.
Microsoft Outlook – Introduction
Microsoft Outlook is a global and comprehensive communication platform. Whether you use it at home for personal work or for professional communication, it is a group of functions. With “Recall This Message” option your daily information can be easily managed. Email recall in MS Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, is the act of deleting accidentally sent email messages.
Outlook offers the ability to send and receive email, manage your calendar, save contact names and numbers and monitor your actions. It provides users with a variety of services, including search, folders, categories, organizing emails in the inbox, search folders and more. It stores the data in two file formats, PST and OST by using IMAP/POP configuration.
User Query Recall an Email in Outlook 2021
“Hi, I am using Microsoft Outlook 2021 edition. I accidentally sent an email to the wrong person and I want to get it back at any cost. Because email is very sensitive. Is it possible to remember email messages sent by Outlook? If so, then how to remember emails in Outlook 2021? Please help.“
Why User Need to Get Back Deleted Email Outlook?
You accidentally sent a resume to your boss that you wanted to send to another company. Maybe you sent an email without a document attached. Whatever your reason, sometimes you really need to remember Outlook Messages 2021.
Most smartphone communication apps have an “unsent” or “delete for everyone” button, but this is rarely the case for email clients. The native recall feature is the only way to recall the Outlook emails.
How to Recall an Outlook Email?
Remember only works on unopened messages in the Outlook desktop app if the message hasn’t been opened and you and the recipient have a Microsoft 365 or Microsoft Exchange email account in the same organization. Here, we mention complete steps to recover deleted Outlook emails:
- First, open the Outlook application on your PC.
- Second, open the Sent Items folder on the left.
- Click the email you want to remember.
- After opening the email, click the Actions >> Recall Message.
- The pop-up message will give you two options: Delete the unread copy of this message and Delete the unread copy and replace it with a new message.
- Select the appropriate one and check “Notify me if withdrawal succeeds or fails for each recipient“.
- This will launch a new message wizard with the text of the message you want to remember and resend. You can now make the necessary changes to the email body before clicking the Send button.
Steps to Recall Deleted Emails from MS Outlook
Maybe you have accidentally deleted an email and want to recover deleted messages in Outlook. You can recover deleted folders if they are still in “Deleted Folders“.
There is no way to manually recover deleted folders manually. If you delete an email using the “delete” button, you can restore every item from the folder you deleted. To delete a folder permanently by pressing “Shift + Delete“, it is difficult to recover the deleted folder. Proceed to the next location, “Recoverable Items” folder.
- After opening MS Outlook, click the Deleted Items folder.
- Make sure the Home tab is selected in the menu bar and click “Recover Deleted Items from Server“.
- Select the items you want to Restore >> Restore Selected Items >> OK.
Limitations with These Methods
- Outlook 2021 withdrawal messages will not work if the recipient opens the email before the withdrawal request.
- The Outlook email reminder function only works in the MS Outlook application.
- Recover deleted Outlook emails, if the deleted messages contain a Deleted Folder.
- This method only works before the retention period you selected when configuring your Outlook email account.
Professional Way to Recover Outlook Emails from PST File
Outlook PST Repair Tool is the best solution to recover deleted emails from Outlook 2021, 2019 and earlier versions of Outlook. This tool is capable of repairing damaged PST files without Outlook installation. It also remembers deleted folders without changing their format. Outlook application interface is simple and easy to use to navigate all options. Even new users can use this tool easily. If your deleted PST file is large then this tool gives you the option to downgrade the large PST file to a smaller file.
Important Tips: This is a trial application; you can use it for free. The free version of this app only lets you export 25 items per folder into various formats.
Steps to Recover Deleted Outlook Data Items
- Download and Open the tool on Windows / Mac machine.
- Second, click the Add File option to upload the PST file.
- Then, select a folder from the software panel and preview all email details.
- All corrupted PST files are marked with red colour. This tool restores it as well.
- Now, select the file format you want to export and press the Save.
It’s time to summarize the article. We have discussed how to remember Outlook 2021 emails easily. Additionally, we have provided some information about recovering deleted emails. “How to Recall an Email in Outlook” is a query that is getting more and more attention on Google, because emails can be sent to the wrong people during the work process.
Read Other Blog: How to Search PST Files Without Outlook?