The comprehensive QuickBooks software has helped the marketing and accounting industries run their businesses more effectively. However, there are various types of faults that users could experience while using QuickBooks software. One such error is QuickBooks error code 12, 0, which appears when a user lacks the admin rights necessary to manage a particular action. If there is a disagreement with the Windows registry files, this error may also occur. Inappropriate system settings could also be the cause of this problem. We shall go through all the important troubleshooting methods to fix QuickBooks Error 12, 0 through this article.
Factors that instigate QuickBooks Error 12, 0
The major factors that may lead to this error in QuickBooks are listed below:
- Windows registry files may be mistakenly deleted or corrupted.
- You don’t have enough administrative rights.
- An incomplete or unsuccessful installation of QuickBooks Desktop may also evoke QuickBooks Error code 12, 0.
- System failure due to a power outage or other reasons may also contribute to Error Code 12, 0 in QuickBooks.
Method 1: Turn off any Conflicting Programs
To stop any incompatible programs, adhere to the steps below:
- To launch the Task Manager, simultaneously hit Ctrl+Alt+Del , followed by opening the Task Manager.
- Tap on Processes tab and choose each program associated with QuickBooks, followed by hitting on the End Process
- Verify whether the error 12, 0 appears again afterward.
Method 2: Reinstall the QuickBooks Program
- In the beginning, open the Control panel from the Start
- You need to choose Programs and Features within the Control Panel.
- Afterward, choose Uninstall after right-clicking the QuickBooks Desktop program.
- You need to later on re-download the software by downloading it from the Intuit website or by using the installation CD to reinstall it. Make sure that you have your product key at hand while installing the software.
Method 3: Re-install Runtime Libraries
- Navigate to Programs and Features, locate, and then choose the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package to uninstall it.
- At the top of the list, hit on Uninstall. When it’s finished, restart your computer.
- Install the most recent redistributable package available from Microsoft.
Method 4: Running the Disk Cleanup can fix the QuickBooks Error 12, 0
- Launch the Windows Explorer and perform a right-click on the C: directory.
- Subsequently, hit on Disk Cleanup after opting for Properties.
Method 5: Go for updating the Windows
- Find “update” after hitting the start menu and then head to Search for updates.
- Choose and download each update.
- After downloading, restart your PC to initiate the installation process.
Method 6: System Restore may resolve this Error code
- In the beginning, hit on the Start button, then type “system restore” into the search
- A window for system restore appears.
- Herein, you are supposed to choose an appropriate restore point.
- Lastly, restart the system after restoring it.
- Verify whether the system restore could fix QuickBooks Error Code 12, 0.
- To start, you must confirm the version of QuickBooks that is installed on your computer. Follow these instructions to do so:
- Launch the product information window by using the Ctrl + 1 or F2 keys when QuickBooks Desktop is open.
- The version, edition, and release will be displayed at the top of the product line window.
- If you are attempting to access QuickBooks, the service name is ‘QBDatabaseserviceuser23.0’.
- You must navigate to MSC and then verify whether the mentioned service is still operational or not.
- Choose the properties tab by clicking the QBdatabaseserviceuser23 with the right mouse button. Opt for the option to start the service if it has ceased functioning.
- Attempt to access the company file once more to see if the issue has been fixed.
- Verify the folder permissions to see if the Company File is accessible. Take the following actions to check for permissions:
- Choose Client Data > Properties > Security.
- Check to see if you have permission to access the file.
- If you don’t have the requisite permission to access the folder, request it and attempt again to open the company file.
We have attempted to summarize all the strategies in this article that you could use to fix QuickBooks error code 12, 0. Please feel free to contact our QuickBooks Technical Support Team if you have a similar problem or if you have any questions about it.