Interested in finding out a quick fix to the QuickBooks error code 401? If yes, then reading this post till the end will surely help. This error is basically about an unauthorized request in the QuickBooks desktop and can be easily fixed. It can be seen if the user signs into the company file or accountant toolbox. Or the user can also experience a similar issue when registering the QuickBooks installation or when sending an invoice with QuickBooks payments. This error code usually comes up with an error message stating “The remote server returned an error: 401 unauthorized. Request is unauthorized”. To learn more about such an error, make sure to read the post till the end.
Getting Error Message “We are sorry, QuickBooks encountered an error. Error codes: 401”! Call Support Number +1-888 351 0999 for Help
Steps to fix the issue
The user can perform the steps to update the software to eliminate such an error in QuickBooks.
Scheduling for future automatic updates
- The user can move to the help menu and opt for the update QuickBooks desktop to the latest release
- And then navigate to the options tab
- Now, select yes to turn on automatic updates. It is recommended to share automatic downloads to other systems on the network, the user can select yes for each system
- And then, click on close
What leads to this error?
The factors causing such an error in QuickBooks are as follows:
- The user can face this issue if QuickBooks software is installed properly
- Also, if the Intuit QuickBooks file copy service gets damaged
- Or if the QuickBooks FCS service is disabled
- Also, if there is any kind of damage in the company file
- The user could face similar issue in case of unsuccessful update of the payroll
- Another factor can be if the update process ended unsuccessfully.
You may see also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6143?
Manual update process
In case you are not comfortable with automatic updates and want to update the software manually, then below steps would be helpful for you:
- You can simply close the company file and QuickBooks
- And then open the windows start menu
- Once done with that, the user needs to look for QuickBooks desktop. And also, right-click the icon and choose run as admin
- The user will then have to move to the help menu while on the no company open screen and then click on update QuickBooks desktop
- The next step is to move to the options tab and then choose mark all and then select save
- Now, navigate to the update now tab and also choose the reset update checkbox
- After done with that, select get updates
By the end of the post, we expect the reader to be able to successfully get rid of the QuickBooks error code 401. However, if the user gets stuck at any point of time due to some reason, then contact our tech team is suggested. We are a team of technically sound QuickBooks Premier Support professionals who work round the clock in providing immediate support assistance. Give us a call at +1-888-351-0999 and we will provide you with immediate support and assistance.
You may also visit this blog: Methods to Re-sort Lists in QuickBooks Desktop?