QuickBooks Desktop, as we all know, is the most preferred accounting solutions application. Organizations, upcoming businesses, and accountants are the primary choice to manage their day-to-day accounting work. Now, to ease the workload of employers and provide more authority to the employees, Intuit has brought QuickBooks Workforce.
We’ll take a look at a brief description of QuickBooks Workforce along with the advantages it is bringing. Also, we’ll provide a step-by-step guide for setting up the QuickBooks Workforce for your QuickBooks Desktop. So, keep reading!
What is QuickBooks Workforce?
QuickBooks Workforce is among the latest self-service online portal launched by Intuit for QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online Payroll. By using the QuickBooks Workforce, employers can grant their Employees access to view their W-2s and Paystubs and cut down their involvement in the whole process.
Advantages of Using QuickBooks Workforce
QuickBooks Workforce is of great help for employees as it will give them access to print and view their W-2s and Paystubs. In addition, whenever employees access the QuickBooks Workforce, they’ll have an option to check their Paystubs online.
System Requirements for QuickBooks Workforce
Make sure that the following arrangements are in place before you move ahead with the set-up of the QuickBooks Workforce:
- First, update your QuickBooks Desktop to the latest version available.
- Make sure that you have the latest and updated Tax Tables.
- To perform the setup of QuickBooks Workforce, you must be logged in as an Admin.
Steps to Setup QuickBooks Workforce for The QuickBooks Desktop
- Open your QuickBooks Desktop application and head to the “Employees” tab.
- Under the “Employees” section and choose the “Manage Payroll Cloud Services” option.
- If you don’t find the “Manage Payroll Cloud Services,” your QuickBooks isn’t upgraded to the latest version.
- Coming back to the normal process, the “QuickBooks Payroll Cloud Services” window will open up after the previous step.
- Look for the “QuickBooks Workforce” and switch the “ON” button.
- Next, follow all the on-screen instructions to create and affirm a PIN to share the payroll data.
- Later, click on “Save Changes” to save all the settings.
- Finally, click on the “Return” option in the confirmation window.
- The paycheck information will be updated after clicking the “Return” option, and you’ll observe it next time.
How to Invite Your Employees to Join QuickBooks Workforce
- Again, go to the QuickBooks Desktop and look for the “Company” menu.
- In the “Company” menu, click on the “My Company” option.
- You’ll have to enter your login credential to sign into your Intuit account.
- Next, switch to the “Employees” tab and head to the “Manage Payroll Cloud Services.”
- Under the activation status tab, you’ll find the “Invite Employees” tab; click on it.
- An employee list will display on the screen as soon as you click on the “Invite Employees” tab.
- Choose the employees you want to provide access to the QuickBooks Workforce.
- Enter their email addresses and tap on the “Send Invite” option.
As we wrap up, we hope you are now well aware of QuickBooks Workforce and the process of setting it up for your QuickBooks Desktop.
Our team of experts recommends the steps mentioned here, and you can consult them if you cannot activate QuickBooks Workforce. You can also connect with QuickBooks desktop support Team at 1-800-761-1787 for further assistance.