How to Split Large PST File Outlook 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003?
Overview:- If you are one of those users who are looking for a solution to split large PST file Outlook 2013, then this write up is just for you. In this following blog, we will show you different techniques to resolve this query on your own.
There can be multiple reasons why one may want to split large PST file Outlook 2013. One of them being the increase in the size of the data file to its maximum limit that affects the overall day to day functionality of Microsoft Outlook. This is the most common reason why users want to divide their data file.
Now, there are different ways by which one can split their files. So, in the upcoming section we will discuss those techniques in brief and help you choose the best suited method for you. So, let’s begin.
Following are the Methods to Split Large PST File Outlook 2013
It is highly recommended to split the Outlook data file, because it can create some issues with MS Outlook functionality. To break the PST file, we have plenty of options available and one can easily choose any method that seems to work them accordingly. Here follow these methods for best results:-
1. Using Archive Feature to Split Data File
This technique however helps users to split large PST file Outlook 2013 by year. And by doing this, users will be able to manage their data file on a yearly basis. For now, you can follow the steps mentioned down below:-
- First, open MS Outlook and navigate to the File menu.
- Next, choose Archive option from the File tab.
- After that, you need to select Archive this folders & sub-folders option from the Archive Window.
- Then, choose date for the Archive items older than. It provides the option to archive data files before that particular data only.
- Last, hit on the Browse option and choose your required location to save the file and press the OK button.
By using this following method, one can archive their PST file by year but that does reduce the size of the data file. Hence, the need to split PST file Outlook 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003 arises.
2. Compact Outlook Data File (.pst) Size
If you want to reduce the size of your large PST file, then you need to follow these below mentioned steps for it:-
- To start, Open Microsoft Outlook and go to the File tab.
- Navigate to the Accounts settings button.
- From there, you can choose Account settings >> Data Files option.
- Now, select the files to compact and hit on the settings tab.
- In the end, press the Compact Now tab and tap on the OK button after the process.
3. Using Import & Export Option
Execute these below-mentioned instructions to split PST file Outlook 2013:-
- Repeat the first two steps from the Method 2.
- Now, you have to select a location and name the file for the Create or open Outlook Data File option.
- After that, you can now exit from the Accounts settings Window by simply pressing the close tab.
- Navigate to the File tab again and hit open>>Import option.
- Choose Export to a file option and press the Next button.
- Then, you have to select your PST file again and hit on the Next option again.
- Now you can choose which folder you want to export.
- After selecting the items to export, hit on the Next tab to move further.
- Choose a new location to save the resultant file and click on the Finish tab.
Why you Shouldn’t Opt for the Manual Methods?
The methods that we have explained in the above sections, can be used to split PST file Outlook 2013. But, we have to consider the drawbacks that comes along these methods that can affect the overall outcome. These methods are very lengthy in nature and can take a lot time. Also, none of these methods provide proper solution to split PST file Outlook 2013, 2010, 2007 & 2003. Thus, it is advised to opt for a third-party solution.
4. Using an Automated Tool
As we have discussed above, there is no shortage of online tools or third-party applications when it comes to split large PST file Outlook 2013. The Best Split PST Tool will be the perfect solution among others. With this tool, users can easily split large PST file Outlook 2013, 2010, 2007 & 2003. It is also possible to divide corrupted and archive data files. Not only that, it also provides an option to split the data file by various date ranges that too without any sort of file size restriction.
Steps to Split Large PST File in Outlook 2013
Follow these below-mentioned steps:-
- First, Download and then Run this tool on your Windows System.
- Now, browse your PST into the software panel and hit on the Next button.
- After that, you can choose your required destination path to save your Output file.
- Then, one can select desired Split options and afterward check the summary for more info.
- Hit on the Next button to start the procedure.
Admirable Features of PST Splitter Software
- Helps to divide large data file by its size, date, year, folder, email ID and category.
- With this tool, you can split Outlook Archive or Archive PST file.
- Supports all the versions of Windows operating system.
- It is also possible to split the data file without Outlook installation. This tool is a complete stand alone and does not require Outlook or any other installation.
- Also, you can choose your very own destination to save the output data file.
Also Read:- How to Open an MBOX File on Mac?
In this following write up, we have discussed how users can split large PST file Outlook 2013. Other than that, we have also described different methods by which one can easily resolve this query. But, these methods does not guarantee 100% working results and can be time consuming. In short, it is highly suggested to use the Professional tool mentioned in this blog for more prominent results.