There are a large number of users who are currently using the Office 365 cloud-based SaaS for their email management. As the users daily work on technology, so there are, a lot of crucial data gets saved. Correspondingly, users look for a reliable way to perform the Office 365 mailbox backup task to avoid unexpected mishaps. Apart from this, Office 365 has assembled so many facilities to ease its user’s work. It offers Outlook, One Drive, Skype, MS Word, and many more facilities.
Reasons why it makes sense to take back up of Microsoft 365 data
- Taking a backup of your crucial data helps in various unexpected situations.
- Users can easily make their data portable in the local storage after taking the backup.
- Users perform Office 365 mailbox backup into an appropriate file format to free up some storage.
- In a case, the user accidentally deletes their data.
These common reasons are behind the performing backup task for the Office 365 data. Apart from these reasons, it could be more reasons why users look forward to making a copy of their essential data.
Techniques to export Office 365 mailboxes
Users can proceed with manual or professional solutions to perform this task. The manual method is offered by Microsoft, named as the e-Discovery method. Professionally, users can take help from a third-party tool to accomplish this backup process. Firstly, we move with the manual way and learn the steps that require following to take the Office 365 mailbox backup to PST format.
Backup Microsoft 365 emails using the manual method
Step1: Login to Office 365 with your account.
Step2: Now open the Admin center and click the Security option.
Step3: Go to Permission and then choose e-Discovery manager.
Step4: Select the Edit button and tap the e-Discovery administrator. Click the Save button.
Step5: Move to the Search option and select Content search.
Step6: Select the New search option and provide the name and other required details. Click Next.
Step7: Pick the mailbox that you want to backup and click Next.
Step8: Now cross-check your search setting and click on submit.
Step 9: Go to the search list and select your search, then tap on the Action.
Step10: Move to the Export result option and click on Export.
Step11: Now choose the Export tab and select the last export. Then, click on the download results. After that, copy the Export key.
Step 12: Open the e-Discovery export tool, then paste the copied export key.
Step 13: Browse the location where you want to save the exported PST. Click on the start button, and the process to take the Office 365 mailbox backup will run.
Why do professionals not choose the manual approach?
- This method takes time to process the mailboxes into PST format.
- For novice users, it isn’t effortless to execute the manual method.
- Users can’t move with the selective items to take back up.
- The chances of data alteration are always high, and there is the possibility of data compromise.
Due to these limitations of the manual method, professionals always prefer the third-party tool to accomplish the Office 365 mailbox backup task. However, many users have asked how they find the best tool and how it works. So, we are going to introduce a reliable tool that would make this backup easy as a cakewalk for users.
Third-party tool to backup Office 365 emails
Shoviv Office 365 Backup and Restore Tool has offered various features that make this task effortless. The working process of this tool is easily comprehensible for all users. Users even select particular items to back up into PST file format. With this software, users can quickly move with large and unlimited mailboxes to process the Office 365 mailbox backup task. This software also offers more features, so let’s elaborate on its additional features.
- Along with the PST file format, users also can choose MSG, HTML, MBOX, and other file formats.
- Users also perform the backup of Office 365 data regularly with the help of its scheduler option. Even though this option, users can take the backup on a specific date and time as well.
- It has a user-friendly interface, and users who do not have a prior technical knowledge also perform the Office 365 mailbox backup task with this tool.
- Users only require making the connection once to run the backup job in this software. Moreover, the software has the capability of processing multiple jobs at a time without affecting the speed of the process.
- The folder structure and metadata will be maintained even after taking the backup of mailboxes.
- The software smoothly proceeds with multiple mailboxes without compromising a single item.
- It provides full as well as incremental backup options to take the Office 365 mailbox backup.
- The incremental backup option helps users to resume the process if it gets halted and also puts a stop to duplicate items.
- It also allows users to take a preview of added mailboxes before preceding the backup.
- Along with the user mailboxes, users can easily move forward with the public folders as well as archive mailboxes.
- Besides the Office 365 mailbox backup process, users also use this software to restore Office 365 data from various file formats. Users can choose the OST, PST, MSG, MBOX, etc., file formats to restore data to Office 365.
A free trial version of this software is available on the official website of Shoviv, which users can download to check its functionality. Through this free trial version, users can quickly process the first fifty items per folder willingly.
Steps to accomplish the Office 365 emails backup with the Shoviv tool
Step1: Install the Shoviv Office 365 Backup and Restore Tool.
Step2: Open the software and go to Connect Office 365.
Step3: Enter the required details and click on Connect.
Step4: Choose the mailboxes that you want to back up.
Step5: Now select the Backup Directory tab and provide the name and path to save the backup data.
Step6: Click the Backup Job option and pick the mailbox type from the options. Then, click Ok.
Step7: Filter items according to your need by date or folder-wise criteria. Check Already Exported Items in All Folders to prevent duplicity.
Step8: Now select the option to schedule the backup job or run it instantly.
Step 9: You can schedule the job daily, weekly, or monthly and even at a specific time that you want.
Step10: At last, choose the file format in which you want to back up Office 365 data. Click on Create job.
Step 11: The Office 365 mailbox backup process will begin in the following wizard.
Step12: Save the report of the complete process if needed and then click on Finish button.
After discussing both solutions manual and professional, we suggest users to move with the Shoviv Office 365 Backup and Restore Tool. It is a quick and secure way to perform the Office 365 mailbox backup process. Along with the single mailbox, it permits users to select multiple mailboxes to accomplish the backup task. Users can easily try its free trial version before purchasing the license for the software. Shoviv also provides free technical support 24*7 to its users related to any query.