QuickBooks is versatile multifunctional accounting software used widely in the accounting world. Just like any other online application, QuickBooks might as well have some gaps and glitches in the coding that can create errors that can hinder the smooth working experience of the user. One of which could be a QuickBooks script error.
The QuickBooks script error is a very confusing error as the error message doesn’t show the cause of the error and hence, is difficult to decode. The error message appears on the screen as “Script Error Message: An error occurred on the script of this page: Unable to get the Property Length Undefined or Null Reference Code: 0.” To understand this error in detail, dig into this blog. However, if you need any help you can contact our support team for guidance.
Possible Factors Responsible for the Script Error in QuickBooks
There can be various reasons for the script error in QuickBooks to occur. Some of them are:
- Script Feature is Off: The script processing feature is turned off in QuickBooks which creates issues while availing of this feature
- Debugging Element is On: The user has enabled the debugging element in the QuickBooks Settings.
- Damaged Windows Operating System: Any damage to the Windows operating system or an outdated version of the Windows that create issues in the system.
- Outdated QuickBooks Application: An older version of QuickBooks creates various issues as it is unable to support the new updated features.
- Unsaved Changes: Any essential changes made in the settings is not saved in the QuickBooks application.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks error PS036
Recognizing the Script Error in QuickBooks
To identify the presence of the script error in QuickBooks, the user can look for these symptoms in the system:
- Web Browser starts to respond slowly.
- Unable to perform any function in the QuickBooks.
- Unable to update any feature.
- QuickBooks desktop becomes unresponsive to keyboard presses and mouse pointer presses.
- Frequent appearances of time-out messages.
Solving the Error in QuickBooks Desktop
As of now, we are aware of the possible reasons for the occurrence of this script error in the QuickBooks Desktop. Now you can try fixing this error by applying these methods:
You may also read: QuickBooks black and white screen
Method 1: Add a Trusted Website
- Open the Web browser and select the Security tab under the Settings options. Under the trusted websites, add ‘Intuit.com.’ Now close the windows and select the ‘Enable Protected mode
- Once the Protected mode is on, open the QuickBooks application again and check if the error is gone.
Method 2: Use Internet Explorer in Compatibility View:
- Open Internet Explorer and choose Tools under the Settings option. Now in the Compatibility View settings in the Compatibility View Windows. Mark ‘display all websites in the compatible view’ and shut the window to save the changes.
Method 3: Turn Off Script Notification
- In the Web Browser go to the ‘Tools’ Section. Under the Internet Settings, choose the Advanced tab. Unmark ‘display notification for every script error’ and save the updated changes.
QuickBooks script error can be very annoying as the error message is very confusing. Therefore, we have tried to bring together all the reasons and solutions for the script error in this blog above. Despite this, if you need any help with the QuickBooks application you can dial 1-855-856-0042 for assistance.
Also see: QuickBooks error 6123