Do you know the process to re-sort lists in QuickBooks? In this post, we will be talking about the entire procedure involved in re-sorting lists in QuickBooks. In case the user finds out an odd behavior in the master names list, item list, or chart of accounts, then this where the need to re- sort lists arises. Note that, in case the user is in multi-user mode, then it is suggested to switch to single user mod, before starting the re-sorting. To know more, make sure to read the post till the end. Or contact our experts at +1-888-351-0999.
In what situations Re-sorting QuickBooks Lists help?
- Resorting can help if the list is out of order
- Or if new entries appear on the top of the list
- The user can also go for resorting if the items of reports are out of order
- In case ‘quick-type’ feature doesn’t work properly
List of editions you can toggle from and to
- Manufacturing and wholesale
- Professional services
Perks of QuickBooks email setup
- This helps in importing data from the spreadsheets.
- The user can make a list of the products that help to deal with and send them to the vendors.
- One can easily email invoices immediately whenever the customer needs them.
- It permits the user to send customers payment reminders by emailing them invoices.
- It serves both as a storage and tracking device for clients’ and vendors’ contact details.
Steps to set up outlook in QuickBooks
For this, the user needs to create an outlook profile first.
- After that, the user should set up a QuickBooks desktop
- Enter the name and password
- The next step is to enter the incoming email servers
- Enter the outgoing mail server address
- After that enter the incoming email server type
- Note that the webmail password will not be accepted in QuickBooks
Steps to writing off bad debts in QuickBooks
The user can try performing the below steps to write off bad debts in QuickBooks.
- The very first step is to create Bad Debt Account
- This can be done by clicking the company menu and then choosing chart of accounts
- After that select the account tab and hit next
- The user should then choose expense account and click on continue
- Once done with that click on the number text field and enter the account number
- Choose the account name field and type bad debts
- Hit ok tab
- The user should then record the bad debt
- This can be done by clicking on the customer’s menu and selecting receive payments
- The next step is to select the customer with the bad debt from the customer list
- The user should then choose the line item that relates to the bad debts
- After that click on the discounts tab and credits
- Choose the amount of discount and enter the total for the bad debt
- The user should then click on done
- And hit the save and close tab
Steps to Toggle QuickBooks desktop premier
The user can perform the below steps to toggle QuickBooks premier to another edition. The steps are as follows:
- At first, the user needs to select manage my license from the help menu
- Once done with that, the user should choose the change to a different industry edition
Steps to toggle QuickBooks accountant or QuickBooks enterprise accountant to another edition
The below steps can be used to toggle QuickBooks accountant or enterprise edition to another edition.
- The very first step is to select to toggle to another edition option from the file menu
- Once done with that, the user should choose the edition and also click on next
- Hit the toggle tab once performed the steps above
Steps for re-sorting master name list in QuickBooks for windows
The master name list is the list of the customers’ jobs, vendors, employees, and other names. The steps to resort to these lists are as follows:
- From the banking menu
- Herein, the user will have to select write checks from the banking menu
- After that, select the pay to the order of field and then press Ctrl + L keys
- The next step is to select the include inactive checkbox.
- If it is grayed out, then there are no inactive names
- The user should then choose the name ▼dropdown and also select re-sort list
- Once done with that select OK tab
- Close and reopen company file
See also: How to fix QuickBooks error code 401?
At the end of the post, it is expected that the reader might be able to successfully re-sort the lists. However, if there is any query, the user can get in touch with our team of QuickBooks Technical Support experts at +1-888-351-0999, and our professionals will ensure to clear all the queries.