The QuickBooks error 6190 and 816 pop up while trying to access the company file. The error can occur while operating QuickBooks in a multi-user environment. There can be various possible reasons for the error, and it is easily fixable. In this blog, we will provide you with the reasons and solutions for this QuickBooks error code. If you are getting the QuickBooks error 6190 816 while working on the application, follow the steps provided in this article to resolve it.
If you are having difficulty in performing the steps and need help with the same, get in touch with our technical team for assistance by dialing +1-855-856-0042.
Reasons behind the QuickBooks Error 6190 and 816
The following reasons might trigger the QuickBooks error codes 6190 and 816 –
• You are trying to access a company file that is already in use.
• You don’t have sufficient permissions to access the company file.
• The Windows registry entries are not correct, or the registry is damaged.
• There is a mismatch between the.TLG and . QBW files.
• You have accidentally deleted the system drivers.
Read more: QuickBooks Missing PDF Component
Ways to Terminate the QuickBooks Error Code -6189 -816
The QuickBooks error -6189 can be resolved with the help of the following ways –
Fix 1: Quick Fix Your QB Application
Use the Quick Fix my Program Tool from the QuickBooks Tool Hub to perform a repair on the application.
1. Open the QuickBooks Tool Hub or install it if you don’t already have it.
2. Run the tool hub to find the Program Problems tab and open it.
3. Select Quick Fix my Program and run the tool to fix the QuickBooks issues.
4. Once done, rerun QuickBooks and see if the error code 6189 is resolved.
Fix 2: Scan QuickBooks Using the Server Manager
Perform a quick scan on your QuickBooks program using the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
1. Firstly, run the QuickBooks Tool Hub and find the server manager.
2. Open the QuickBooks Database Server Manager and browse your company file to select it.
3. Select Start Scan and let the QuickBooks scan run.
4. Once done, select Close and perform this step in all the workstations having issues.
You may see also: QuickBooks error 1612
Fix 3: Repair the Transaction Log and Network Data File
Damage to the.ND or.TLG file can lead to the QuickBooks errors 6190 and 816.
1. Open your company file folder and locate the files.ND and .TLG extensions.
2. Once found, select the files and right-click on them to modify their names.
3. Select Rename and add.OLD at the end of their names to fix the files.
4. Now try accessing the company file using the modified.ND and . TLG files and check whether the QuickBooks error -6189 is rectified.
After going through all the fixes mentioned in this guide, if you still get the issue then you must consult with one of our QB specialists. Dial the number provided below for more information.
You may read also: QuickBooks error 15101
The QuickBooks error 6190 and 816 can be easily rectified with the help of the solutions given above. If the error code persists, you can reach out to our support team at +1-855-856-0042 to get assistance in resolving the error.