QuickBooks errors occur due to various possible reasons. Some of these are easily fixed while some are not. Payroll-related errors are one of the commonly occurring errors users face. QuickBooks error 15102 is one of the payroll errors that arise while downloading a payroll or QuickBooks update. This error is fixable by following a few troubleshooting steps. In this article, we are going to provide you with the reasons and solutions for this QuickBooks update error 15102.
If you are unable to perform troubleshooting or need help with the error, you can contact our technical assistance team at +1-855-856-0042
Reasons behind QuickBooks Error 15102
Here are some possible reasons why the payroll update error 15102 occurs –
- The download location path is incorrect or unavailable.
- QuickBooks is running in multi-user mode.
- You are not logged in with a Windows Vista OS admin account.
What causes QuickBooks error 15102?
When QuickBooks Desktop is running in multi-user mode in a terminal services environment.
When the shared Download is enabled because a specified download location is inaccessible or incorrect.
This problem can also occur if the user isn’t logged in as a Windows Administrator or isn’t executing the application as an Administrator on Windows Vista.
How to Resolve this Error: Troubleshooting 101
Try resolving the QuickBooks error code 15102 by following the given solutions –
Solution 1 – Verifying the File Location
The mapped file location needs to be correct to fix this error.
- Open the Product Information window by pressing Ctrl+1.
- Find the mapped location path and write it down.
- Click on Help and then choose Update QuickBooks.
- Verify that the info in the Download Location of the Options tab is correct. If the drive in the Product information window is the same as the drive-in Download Location then the Shared Download is set to Yes otherwise, No.
- If the location is incorrect, select Yes for Shared Download if No was previously selected and select No for Shared Download if Yes was previously selected.
- Close and download the latest tax table.
Solution 2 – Remapping the Drive
If the download location in the above step is correct, remap the drive to a new letter.
- Close QuickBooks Desktop Company File and Remap your network drive to a new letter.
- Open your company file using the new mapped-drive letter. Click on Help > Update QuickBooks.
- On the Options tab, turn off the Shared Download and then turn it back on.
- Check to ensure that the download location is using the new mapped-drive location and then, click on Save and Close.
You may also read: QuickBooks backup failed
Solution 3 – Switch to QuickBooks Single User Mode
The payroll process can only be performed in single-user mode. Switch QuickBooks to single-user mode to fix the error message 15102 in QuickBooks.
- Log out and open QuickBooks on the workstation that is having problems.
- Under the File menu, click on Switch to Single User.
- Now try updating payroll and see if the issue is resolved.
You may also read: QuickBooks Error 6000 83
Solution 4 – Running QuickBooks Desktop as an Admin
If the issue is not resolved, try running your QuickBooks as an admin.
- Right-click the QuickBooks icon on your Desktop and click on Run as an Administrator.
- Press Continue on getting a prompt message from User Account Control to run this application.
- Update QuickBooks.
If the above solutions aren’t able to fix the QuickBooks error 15102, you might need professional help. Contact our technical team by dialing +1-855-856-0042 for assistance with fixing this error.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks database server manager stopped