Both single-user and multi-user modes of QuickBooks are functional, but users who switch to multi-user mode may get the QuickBooks error H505. This suggests that QuickBooks requires some assistance connecting because the company file is located on another machine. The multi-user mode enables multiple computers to access the same company file, so this problem must be corrected as soon as possible because it could harm businesses’ productivity and stall their process. Incorrect hosting settings on the workstations or the server computer may be the cause of this problem, which may be remedied by evaluating and modifying them. The QuickBooks database server manager might also be able to fix it. Continue reading this article through to the conclusion to learn more about the troubleshooting techniques.
Give 1-855-856-0042 a call if you need technical support to resolve QB Error H505 or any other problems with QuickBooks Multi-User mode.
What causes the QuickBooks Error Code H505?
You may experience the QuickBooks Error Code H505 for the following reasons:-
- It’s possible that the QuickBooks network data files on your PC have been harmed.
- The connection between the workstations and the host machine may be restricted by Windows firewall settings.
- In order to host files, the server computer’s hosting setup may need to be configured.
- Any of your workstations that have hosting settings enabled need to be set up.
- The host machine no longer supports QuickBooks services such as QuickBooksDBXX and QBCFMonitor.
Recommended to read: How to resolve QuickBooks Keeps crashing
How can I fix an H505 error in QuickBooks?
Following these instructions will help you fix the H505 Error in QuickBooks:-
Using the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool following the execution of QuickBooks Database Server Manager on your server PC
These procedures can let you use the aforementioned programs on your server computer:-
- Install the QuickBooks tool hub first on the server computer by downloading it from the official Intuit website.
- Install QuickBooksToolHub.exe after that, then launch the tool hub.
- Run the QuickBooks Database Server Manager tool from the tool hub.
- Reopen the tool hub and go to the section for company file difficulties after the tool has finished running.
- Now, use QuickBooks File Doctor to fix any issues with the company files.
- Finally, try switching back to multi-user mode to see if the problem has been fixed.
Examining the host machine for QuickBooks applications like QBCFMonitor and QuickbooksDBXX
Follow these instructions and do the same for QBCFMonitor services to see if the QuickbooksDBXX (XX depending on the QuickBooks version) is active on the host computer:-
- On the host computer, enter services.msc in the Run window.
- Double-click QuickbooksDBXX and select Automatic for the startup.
- If the service hasn’t already begun or isn’t running, start it now.
- Now select Restart the Service from the Recovery tab’s drop-down menus for the First failure, Second failure, and Subsequent failures.
- To test if the error has been fixed, finally, go back to multi-user mode.
The QuickBooks Error H505 can be fixed in this manner. In addition, you need to check and make the necessary adjustments to the hosting settings on all of your workstations as well as your host computer. It’s also a good idea to give QuickBooks admin permissions and check the Windows firewall settings. Ask our technical experts at 1-855-856-0042 for immediate assistance if the error persists.
Useful to learn: QuickBooks Error 6073 | Causes and Solutions to Eliminate