QuickBooks Unable to Backup Company File? Here’s What to Do to Fix it
QuickBooks provides a feature to backup data to prevent accidental loss. But, sometimes, users come across situations where they get QuickBooks unable to backup company file error. The error message that appears on the screen on the occurrence of this error says that “QuickBooks was unable to backup your company file. QuickBooks could not copy the company file.” We suggest resolving the backup issue as soon as possible as it makes your crucial company data more vulnerable. Through this blog, we will brief you on the root causes and troubleshooting solutions to resolve QuickBooks desktop backup error, so stay connected until the end.
If you are worried of QuickBooks unable to back up company file issue and need instant assistance to fix it, call us on our toll-free number +1-855-856-0042 to consult certified QuickBooks professionals
What are the root causes of QuickBooks Desktop backup error
The factors that prompt the backup error in QuickBooks are as follows:
- The backup path is not set up correctly.
- The system does not have sufficient storage to backup QuickBooks company file.
- The backup was created on an older QuickBooks version.
Solutions to Deal with QuickBooks company file backup error
Solution 1. Check if the location path is correct
- In QuickBooks, select the File menu and choose Back Up.
- Select a folder to save your backup and click Start Backup.
Solution 2. Run Verify and Rebuild Data Utilities to resolve data issues
- In QuickBooks, select File and choose Utilities.
- Click Verify Data, then OK and close all open windows.
- If the ‘Your data has failed the integrity check’ message appears, you need to rebuild the company file.
- To rebuild your company file data, choose File and click Utilities.
- Select Rebuild Data, then OK and close all windows.
- Generate a backup before rebuilding the company file. If you don’t want to create a backup, click Cancel and continue rebuilding the company file.
- You will be asked to update backup preferences if you haven’t set any.
- Choose Backup Preferences, edit the preferences and click Edit.
- When the backup completes, click Show in Finder to locate the backup and select OK.
- When the rebuild completes, click OK and open QuickBooks.
Also Read: QBCF Monitor Service Not Running on This Computer
Solution 3. Reset updates of QuickBooks software
- Start the QuickBooks Desktop application and go to the Help menu.
- Choose the Update QuickBooks Desktop option and click the Update Now tab.
- Check mark the Reset Updates checkbox to clear previous QuickBooks updates and click Get Updates.
- Select OK, open QuickBooks, and accept the prompt to install the update.
- Close the update QuickBooks window and restart QuickBooks Desktop.
- Once done, try to back up the company file once again.
If none of the solutions discussed in the blog above help you fix the error, try these alternatives:
- Check and free up space on the backup device.
- Recreate .nd and .tlg QuickBooks configuration files by changing their names.
Implementing the above troubleshooting solutions will definitely help you fix QuickBooks unable to backup company file errors. If they don’t work for you, call us on our toll-free number +1-855-856-0042 and connect with certified QuickBooks professionals for help.
Recommended to read this guide: QuickBooks Running Slow