QuickBooks is aworld renowned accounting software that has surpassed all other accounting applications in terms of versatility and user-friendliness. To incorporate latest improvements, Intuit releases new updates of the QB desktop regularly into the market.
The QuickBooks Update Error 15106 occurs while updating the QB application to the newest version. Most often, this error occurs due to blocking of the QB desktop by the firewall service on the system. This error is very irritating for the user as it prevents the updating of the QB application.
If you want to learn the quick and reliable solutions for this error, read this blog till the end.
Do you want to resolve the QuickBooks Update Error 15106 most efficiently? Dial 1.855.738.2784 to easily connect with our QB professionals.
What are the reasons behind the QB Error Code 15106?
The fundamental reasons behind the QB Error Code 15106 are as follows:
- If you are signed into your system as a user without admin privileges, you may confront difficulty in updating your QB desktop.
- The antivirus software on the computer can wrongly detect the QB application as a danger to the system’s security. Therefore, it can block you from downloading the latest updates of the QB desktop.
Recommended read also: QuickBooks Error 1310
Effective Solutions for the Error 15106 in QuickBooks
You can implement the following solutions for the Error 15106 in QuickBooks:
Solution 1: Eliminate this error by logging in as admin user into the Windows and the QB desktop on the system
- First of all, you should tap the ‘Windows+R’ keys on the keyboard to open the Run command and search for the ‘Control Panel’ in the search box. After that, you should open the ‘Control panel’ and tap the ‘User account and family safety’ tab in the control panel window.
- Now proceed to hit the ‘User Accounts’ option and move to strike the ‘Manage another account’ button to enter the admin user credentials.
- Once you have logged in as admin user into the Windows, go to the QB icon and right-click on it. Choose the ‘Run as administrator’ option and start downloading the latest QB desktop updates.
Recommended to read: Quickbooks Desktop Needs To Update Your Company File
Solution 2: Rectify this error by disabling the antivirus software and providing a new name to the relevant folders
- To use this solution, you should launch the ‘Windows Task manager’ on the computer by hitting the ‘Ctrl+Alt+Delete’ keys on the keyboard. Now navigate to the ‘Processes’ tab and identify your antivirus file.
- Proceed to select your antivirus file and hit the ‘End Process’ button to close the antivirus application on the system.
- At this point, go to the ‘File Explorer’ on the system and navigate to the QuickBooks folder in your C: drive to identify the ‘downloadqbXX’ folder. Here, XX means the year to which your QB version belongs.
- You should now right-click on the ‘downloadqbXX’ folder and tap the ‘Rename’ button. Proceed to add ‘.oldqbfile’ at the end of the folder’s name and save the new name.
- Finally, you can proceed to update the QB application to the newest version on the computer.
You have now been apprised with the detailed solutions of the QuickBooks Update Error 15106. This error can be easily rectified using these solutions if you implement them carefully in a correct sequence.
If you want further support, just dial 1.855.738.2784 to contact our QB experts team.
You may read also: QuickBooks Error 80070057