The step-by-step guide will teach you how you can convert EDB file to PST format without losing any data along the way. It elucidates different techniques & tricks for users to resolve this query in a proper manner.
But before moving forward with any solution we need to understand the reasons why users wish to convert EDB file to PST in the first place.
Why do users wish to Export Exchange Mailboxes to PST?
Here are some main reasons behind EDB to PST Conversion: –
- Sometimes it becomes important to back up particular specific exchange mailboxes. And backing the specific folder to pst is a cost-effective option that is available for the administrators.
- When users save their data in PST files it is called portable. User can easily transfer their data quickly to other destinations via various storage devices, which is quite beneficial in these situations such as company mergers & acquisitions.
- As for the legal & compliance requirements, it becomes important to gather, save, and preserve some particular data for a very long time as a record for future reference.
How to Convert EDB to PST Manually For Different Versions of Exchange Server?
We have talked about multiple requirements for EDB to PST conversion. Now, let’s just focus on the main priority which is how to convert EDB File to PST. The conversion however can be performed by different methods depending on which Exchange server version you are optimizing. Here, in this upcoming segment, we will discuss a total of three manual methods to export EDB mailboxes to PST files.
Converting EDB Files to PST Through Exchange Admin Center
Follow these below-listed steps to convert EDB File to PST: –
- Firstly, sign into the Exchange Admin center as Administrator.
- Navigate to the Admin roles of the Exchange Admin permissions tab.
- Hit on the Recipient Management options in admin roles.
- Now, you can add the new role group from the role’s options.
- Select the Mailbox Import Export option and press on the Add button and after that hit OK.
- Next, the mailbox import/export options will be available in Recipient management.
- You can now choose the Export to a PST file option.
- Later on, browse the mailboxes where you wish to export the chosen mailbox.
- In the next step, you can select the path of that specific folder.
- In the end, press the Next button to export selected exchange mailboxes to the Outlook PST file.
In case, this solution does not work for you, then you can opt for an automated solution to seamlessly convert EDB file to PST.
Also Read: – How to Split Large PST File Outlook 2013?
A Professional Solution to Convert EDB File to PST Format
The possible way to export Exchange EDB files into Outlook PST format is by using a third-party solution. As for that, we highly advise you to use EDB to PST Converter Software. Moreover, this tool helps to convert offline EDB files into PST format in a seamless way. Also, it supports converting single or multiple exchange EDB files and exchange servers 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010 & so on. Not only that, but this converter software also preserves the folder hierarchy during and even after the conversion operation.
How to Use this Conversion Tool? Stepwise Procedure
Follow these below-listed steps to convert EDB file to PST: –
- Install & Launch this EDB Converter tool on your Windows Machine.
- Next, hit on the Add File option to browse your files.
- You can now preview your recently added files in the software panel.
- Choose PST as your export type from the drop-down lane.
- Lastly, press the Export button to complete the task.
Time to Conclude
Here in this blog, we have mentioned how users can convert EDB file to PST format. Other than that, we have also explained both manual and professional solutions to help users resolve this one. However, you can choose any method as per your requirements. But, since the manual method has some limitations, we advise you to opt for professional solutions.