Writing retirement card messages may be challenging, especially if you’re writing to a family member or a friend or just someone you’re very close to. Even your closest friends and family may find it challenging to write retirement card greetings because there is a limited quantity of room available. If you’re having trouble coming up with the proper words, use these straightforward retirement message ideas to help you write the retiree’s retirement cards messages.
Retirement is a major life event that can be accompanied by a range of feelings, including happiness and sadness, enthusiasm and unease, fond recollections of a past profession and hope for the future. You have a wonderful opportunity to highlight the positives and give your family member or your friend, some hope for the future when you write and gift them a retirement card. Send the recipient a goodbye or a congratulations with good wishes and a maybe even personalized card that honors their lengthy and hard earned career. Here are a few ideas of what kind of messages you can include – Refer to the following retirement wishes in your card:
Retirement wishes for family members and friends
- Make new acquaintances, but hold onto the old; working with you has been a gold mine. Best wishes.
- I’m wishing you success on the upcoming episode of “What Happens Now?”
- There are certain people who are meant to be in our life. I might never have understood what happy hour really meant without you.
- Knowing you gave it your all to be your best is the key to success. Being at the top of your game should make you feel wonderful. Congratulations!
- In my opinion, you were successful in gaining my heart as well as your work. I look forward to spending more time with you in your upcoming chapter.
- In the years to come, I wish you exploration, leisure, and delight. Enjoy every second!
- Work is a journey, just like life. I am very eager to see what is ahead for you now that this portion of the journey is complete.
- Do you recall all the meetings when you texted me “WTF”? I mistook that for “Where are the fries?” You should know the truth, I thought, because you’re retiring now.
- Checklist for retirement: You can get up whenever you want. Enjoy a latte and unwind. travel the globe. Peruse a book. stroll along the water. Invest time in your loved ones. Repeat.
- Greetings and best wishes to you, old buddy. I hope the next days will be bright and clear.
- You’re going to do brilliantly.
- This is not just a farewell. Who will pay the bill at the upcoming happy hour? We’ll miss you.
- At hello, you had me. Happy retirement and best of luck to you.
- Do you still have any memory of saying, “Not my problem”? It’s now official. Enjoy your retirement!
- I hope the next phase of your life gives you all the serenity and pleasure you deserve since you have been a great inspiration to me.
- Without a decent bottle of wine, friends won’t go out to dinner. A toast to you, please!
- I appreciate you helping me out at work. I’ll probably have to pay someone now. Gratifying retirement.
Sweet and goofy retirement wishes for family
- I hope you have plenty of time to enjoy the things you love in this next chapter of your life!
- Welcome to the era of your life where the weekend is every day!
- The fun starts now! I’m happy about your retirement!
- I hope you have countless peaceful days. Enjoy your retirement!
- I hope your retirement is as exciting as you anticipated!
- I wish you a prosperous, long, healthy, and joyful retirement!
- No one is more deserving of retirement than you are! Congratulations!
- With so many good years yet ahead of you, I’m overjoyed to see you retire!
- Congratulations! I hope you have a wonderful retirement, full of joy and excitement.
- I’m happy for your retirement! You may reach me at any time via phone if you feel bored!
- The only moment in your life when it’s OK to spend all of your savings is in retirement. Salutations—you succeeded!
- I hope retirement gives you the chance to spend your time doing anything you choose!
- Remember to contact your old pal when you become bored of your two new best mates, the bed and the living room chair!
- Happy and healthy retirement, please!
- Finally, you’ve retired! You have all the time in the world to complete all the tasks you have put off. If you want some company, let me know!
You’re intending to put a retirement message inside your card, but it doesn’t have to be from you. In fact, you might be really inventive and substitute some well-known phrases from well-known figures who have retired. Consider the fact that some of the greatest people in history have retired, and this event in their lives has given them profound insight and, as a result, some memorable phrases.
- “Retirement life is different because there is no set routine. You are able to let the day unfold as it should. Enjoy, be happy and live each day.” – Suzanne Steel
- “I found out retirement means playing golf, or I don’t know what the hell it means. But to me, retirement means doing what you have fun doing.” – Dick Van Dyke
- “Retirement: That’s when you return from work one day and say, “Hi, Honey, I’m home — forever.” – Gene Perret
- “Living each day as if it were your last doesn’t mean your last day of retirement on a remote island. It means to live fully, authentically, and spontaneously with nothing being held back.” – Jack Canfield.
- “I never had the sense that there was an end: that there was a retirement or that there was a jackpot.” Leonard Cohen