QuickBooks is a globally used application that allows billions of users to manage their hectic accounting work effectively. It provides innumerable features and benefits to its users to provide a great working experience. However, due to some gaps in the coding of the application, errors arise like QuickBooks Error 1612.
QuickBooks Error 1612 occurs when the user is trying to access the application. An error message appears when you are updating the software reading “Error 1612: Unable to access” and the update suddenly stops after this message. If you are facing a similar situation, then follow this blog till the end to learn what you can do to fix this problem. In case of any issues, you can contact our support team for a satisfactory result.
Possible Factors Triggering the 1612 Error in QuickBooks
There could be various factors responsible for the occurrence of the 1612 error in QuickBooks such as:
- Corrupted Installation File: Installation of the application from a damaged file or infected with a virus can create issues while opening the application.
- Invalid Windows Registry: Before downloading the application you have to go through a set of terms and conditions and agree to the license agreement for proper registration. If there is any issue in that process, errors may get triggered.
- Corrupt Company File: Any damage to the company file, which stores all the essential files required for using the application can cause errors.
- Deletion of Crucial Files: Accidental deletion of important program files may prevent you to access the application.
- Improper Shutdown: Shutting Down the desktop without properly closing the QuickBooks application may cause errors to arise.
- Malware Infection: The user’s Desktop has been infected with some virus from an external source or website which triggers errors in any online application.
You may also read: QuickBooks Error PS060
Fixing 1612 Error in QuickBooks Desktop
If you are also facing similar problems on your QuickBooks desktop, then try approaching these methods to eliminate the error:
Solution 1: Repair QuickBooks Application
- Before beginning this process, create a backup of the Company File by Copying the data from the Programs file and pasting it on an external device.
- Click on the ‘Start’ button of your computer and search ‘Control.’ In the ‘Control Panel, choose the ‘Programs and Features option.
- Under the ‘Name’ column search for error-related programs installed in Windows. Further, press the Uninstall button after doing the necessary entries. Wait for the program to uninstall.
- Then, try installing the application again afresh. Paste the backup in the Company File of the newly installed applications to restore the old files.
Solution 2: Install the Patch
- Download the patch from Intuit’s website. Navigate to the Share Downloaded Folder and press the Off button then save the settings.
- Now turn the share downloaded filter settings On and save again. Further, try to reset the patch to fix this error.
We have clubbed together all the relevant information about QuickBooks Error 1612. After following this blog till the end you must have understood the possible causes for these errors to arise. Hopefully, the solutions given here will help you eliminate this error. However, if you need any help regarding the QuickBooks desktop software, you can dial +1-855-856-0042 anytime for assistance.
You may also see: QuickBooks Unable to Send Invoices Error