What causes QuickBooks error 6190 77 and How to Tackle It?
QuickBooks is one of the finest accounting applications with various advanced features and services. Despite these technicalities, there are issues that users face while performing some operations. QuickBooks error 6190 77 is one such error that users encounter while opening a company file in QuickBooks. “We are sorry. QuickBooks encountered a problem” is the error message that usually shows up with the 6000 series error code. Different reasons that trigger the error are damaged QuickBooks configuration files, incorrect file path and inappropriate firewall settings. Stick to the blog until the end to know other causes and troubleshooting solutions to resolve error 6190 77 in QuickBooks.
If you had too much of QuickBooks error 6190 77 and looking for help to fix it right away, reach out to the QuickBooks technical support team by calling us on our toll-free number 1.855.738.2784
Factors that lead to QuickBooks company file error 6190 77
The list of prominent causes behind the company file error is as follows:
- The path used to open the company file is incorrect.
- There is some damage to the .nd and .tlg configuration files of QuickBooks.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Error 6000 77
Best Solutions to Deal with QuickBooks company file error 6190 77
Solution 1. Repair the damaged folder containing QuickBooks files
- Open C: drive on your PC and create a new folder.
- Next, open the folder containing QuickBooks files and search for the company file with the .qbw extension.
- Right-click the file, choose Copy and open the new folder.
- Within the folder, right-click anywhere and the Paste option to paste the company file./
- Grant Windows permissions to share company files, start QuickBooks, and open the company file from the new folder.
Solution 2. Use the correct path to open the company file
- Go to your desktop, right-click the QuickBooks icon, and press and hold the Ctrl key on your keyboard.
- Choose the Run as administrator option and hold down the Ctrl key until you see the No Company Open window.
- From there, select the File menu and choose Open or Restore Company.
- Select Open a file, then Next, and choose Network from the left pane.
- Navigate to the QuickBooks company file location, choose your file and select Open.
Solution 3. Get QuickBooks Tool Hub and repair company files using the File Doctor
- Quit QuickBooks Desktop and download the most recent QuickBooks Tool Hub version from Intuit’s website.
- Save the downloaded setup file to your Windows Desktop, move to desktop, and open the file.
- Follow the prompt instructions and click on the agree to the terms and condition checkbox to finish installing QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Once the installation is done, open the QuickBooks Tool Hub by double-clicking the icon and going to the Company File Issues tab.
- Select Run QuickBooks File Doctor, pick your company file from the drop-down, and mark the Check your file option.
- Type QuickBooks admin password to login the company file and click Next to start the tool.
- When the File Doctor finishes, restart QuickBooks and open the company file.
Hopefully, implementing the above troubleshooting solutions will help you fix QuickBooks error 6190 77. If it doesn’t help you, get in touch with the QuickBooks technical support team for direct consultation by calling us on our toll-free number 1.855.738.2784.
Also read: STEPS TO SETTLE THE QUICKBOOKS ERROR 3371 STATUS CODE 11118