Your queries on Knee Replacement are answered!
orthopedic hospital in Jaipur
Knee Replacement is a kind of joint replacement surgery. In this surgery, the damaged or diseased part of your knee is replaced with a metal or plastic part to provide you with better mobility. Thanks to the technological advancement in the field of medicine, knee replacement surgeries today, have become completely safe procedures. The latest technology and equipment along with the experienced and well-trained medical staff is the essence of a successful knee replacement surgery at an orthopedic hospital in Jaipur. If done at the right age and with the right procedure, a knee replacement surgery has a success rate of 95%. In this piece, we will explore what are the right time and the procedure for this surgery.
Why do you need knee replacement surgery?
Knee replacement surgery is generally advised for patients having damaged or worn-out knee joints. It is a boon for those who have reduced mobility due to pain, inflammation, etc. in their knee. Generally, it is advised for patients of osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, gout, haemophilia, unusual bone growth, knee deformity with pain and loss of cartilage, knee injury, etc. A few symptoms that lead to the suggestion of a knee replacement surgery by the best knee replacement surgeon in Jaipur are as follows –
- Severe pain, swelling, and stiffness in joints of the knee affect your mobility.
- Difficult in day-to-day trivial tasks completion like walking to-and-fro.
- No positive impact of the physiotherapy sessions or steroids offered to you.
- No alternative medicinal field provides proper relief.
What preparations do you need before surgery?
Before you go for surgery make sure you have completed the following steps –
- Take a second opinion if you are not consulting an experienced orthopedic at the best orthopedic hospital in Jaipur.
- Try proper physiotherapy sessions and medications
- Get complete information about the surgery
- Mentally prepare yourself
- Financially prepare yourself for surgery.
- Ensure that you will get proper post-surgery
How Knee Replacement surgery is done?
In a knee replacement surgery, a cut is made in your knee and the damaged cartilage or bone is removed. This bone is further replaced by man-made pieces to support the movement of the knee in the regular format. The most commonly used pieces that are implanted into a knee are made up of steel or plastic. To make the procedure painless, the patient is injected with general anesthesia.
What precautions do you need after surgery?
Once your surgery is completed it is very important to take extra care during the post-surgery recovery phase. Generally, doctors suggest the following precautions to patients.
- Walking strictly with the help of parallel bars, crutches, cane, or walker for some time.
- Do the regular exercise as prescribed by your doctor.
- After some time you must try to walk on your feet.
- Start working slowly on the flexibility of your knee.
- Religiously visit your orthopedic as and when suggested by them.
- In case of extensive pain or inflammation or both, immediately contact your doctor.
Following the above steps, you will be able to make your surgery a complete and successful procedure.
What do we learn here?
A knee replacement surgery is done to provide relief in the pain of the joint in the long run. It helps in increasing mobility and enhancing normal physical activities like walking and completing other daily chores. Regularly exercising and taking all necessary precautions will help you make a better and pain-free life for yourself. One must always choose the best knee replacement surgeon in Jaipur to get the best treatment and post-surgical care. After a successful surgery and ample amount of rest, there are 100% chances that you can return to your normal life and enjoy mobility with pain-free joints.