QuickBooks Desktop is among industry professionals’ and individuals’ premier accounting solutions apps. Many advantages make it a better software than other solution-based app. But sometimes, you might come across a QuickBooks Error message 6073.
We’ll look at QuickBooks error code 6073, its associated causes, and the methods to fix the error.
You might see the following error message on your computer screen:
What is QuickBooks Error Code 6073?
The QuickBooks Error Code 6073 will hamper your work if you try to open or start a company file in multi-user mode. This error pop-up with an error message, “QuickBooks is unable to open this company file.”
What are the Causes of QuickBooks Error 6073?
There are various causes of QuickBooks Error 6073 that should be taken care of:
- The company file might be open from a single-user mode system.
- You might be accessing the file from a remote application.
- The location of the file is in a read-only network folder.
- If you are using a Linux Server, you could use different login credentials.
Solutions for QuickBooks Error Code 6073
These methods are provided by our experts in order to resolve the QuickBooks error code 6073, 99001
Solution 1: Run QuickBooks File Doctor from The QuickBooks Tool Hub
- First, download the QuickBooks Tool Hub program for your system.
- Now, go to the location of the installation file & initiate the installation process.
- After installing the QuickBooks Tool Hub, open the application.
- Go to the “Company File Issues” tab.
- Click on the “Run QuickBooks File Doctor tool” tab.
- Wait for some time until the troubleshooting is complete.
Solution 2: The network data files (. nd) and transaction log files (.tlg) are usually hidden
- Go to “My Computer/This PC” and open the “Tools” menu.
- In the “Tools” menu, click on the “Folders” option.
- Switch to the “View” tab and choose “Show hidden folders and files.”
- Now, head to the data folder to see the network data files and transaction log files.
- Right-click on the Network Data file and select “Properties.”
- Finally, delete the “Hidden” option and click on the OK
Solution 3: Rename Corrupted or Unavailable Network Data File
Condition 1: When the company file is open in Single-user mode
- Shut down all the applications associated with QuickBooks Desktop.
- Now, open the Company File from a different host system.
- Go to the “File” menu and choose “Switch to Multi-User Mode.”
- In the end, reboot all the workstations if the error persists.
Condition 2: When the Company File is open in Single-user mode in a host system
- Open the QuickBooks Desktop application and go to the “Files” menu.
- Choose the “Close Company” option.
- Again, launch the company file and then head straight to the “Files” menu.
- Now, choose “Open or Restore Company.”
- Click on the “Open a Company File” and choose the company file you want to open.
Winding up, we believe that you know everything related to “QuickBooks Error 6073.” Therefore, you should take care of all the causes of such error to avoid its occurrence.
Then, you’ll be able to solve the error using methods. Feel free to contact our error support experts or connect with QuickBooks technical support team at 1-800-761-1787.