One of the most important aspects of dental and overall health is the health of your gums. Brushing and flossing your teeth regularly to keep your gums healthy not only keeps them healthy but also gum grafting Durham has the following advantages:
- No bad breath
- Less risk of inflammation and infection in the body
- No gingivitis
- No periodontal disease
Affordable dental care for the whole family, including cosmetic gum grafting procedures.
Patients at the dental clinic know how important their teeth are to be solid and beautiful. Our dentists are well-versed in various dental services, including cosmetic dentistry, senior dental care, teeth cleaning, and teeth whitening.
There are several different types of gum grafts available.
Periodontists use synthetic tissue or tissue from your palate to perform a surgical aesthetic dentistry procedure known as a gum transplant. Periodontal disease can be brought on by several factors, the most common of which are:
- Gum disease of a severe nature
- Brushing with great force
If your dentist determines that a gum graft on one or more teeth is necessary to improve the health and aesthetics of your gums, they will conduct the procedure.
Gum grafting’s many benefits.
This is a relatively minor surgery in the field of cosmetic dentistry, but it has the following advantages:
- It prevents the loss of bone and teeth
- Tooth decay is reduced.
- Protects the health of your mouth
- Comfortable for eating and chewing
- Controls dental sensitivity with this treatment.
To find out if a gum graft is necessary, what should I look for?
You may observe some gum recession in the mirror, but only a dental specialist can tell if you require a gum graft procedure.
To ensure the health of your teeth and gums, dentists might do a thorough oral examination. In addition, gum grafting may be a possibility for some patients with receding gums, and we can help you find the best local periodontist to discuss it with.
What You Need to Know About Gum Grafts Before You Get One
Gum grafting is a simple and effective way to restore your smile’s health. However, before considering whether or not this cosmetic dentistry procedure is correct for you, it’s crucial to know what to expect.
Expected Recovery Time
Following your surgery, you will be able to return home. However, a responsible family member or friend will have to pick you up if a sedative has been administered.
Typically, soft tissue healing takes between four and eight weeks.
Your post-op pain depends on the type of gum graft that was performed. For a few days after having tissue removed from your palate, you may experience some discomfort. On the other hand, prescription pain medicine can make you feel better.
Nutritional Recommendations Following Surgery
If you’ve just had gum grafting, it’s best to stick to soft, relaxed meals like eggs, pasta, yogurt, cottage cheese, and even ice cream for the first few days or weeks after your procedure. Then, stick to liquids like smoothies and soups for the first several days.
After a Gum Graft, you may experience complications.
Gum grafting is a safe and successful aesthetic dentistry surgery by a qualified and experienced periodontist. However, there are several potential problems with this approach, including:
- Swelling to the point of bursting
- Healing can be uneven.
- Sutures can be loosened.
How to Care for Your Gums Properly
Gum grafts can be expensive and time-consuming, so here are a few easy ways to prevent them:
- Brush your teeth after each meal.
- Brush and floss your teeth at least once a day to eliminate food particles and lower the risk of gingivitis-causing germs in your mouth.
- Reduce your intake of sugar.
- Gum disease and cavities can be prevented by drinking lots of water.
- Avoid smoking and tobacco products.
- Spinach is an excellent source of antioxidants and immune-boosting nutrients, and it’s also beneficial for your teeth and gums.
- Make an appointment with your dentist at least twice a year to get your teeth to check and clean.