Permanent Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error h202
QuickBooks is a multi-dimensional accounting software that has been providing world-class financial solutions to small and mid-sized businesses all over the globe. It allows users to work on single-user and multi-user modes for seamless switching between the two different modes.
QuickBooks Error H202 is an error that mostly occurs when a user tries to switch to multi-user mode, or the QuickBooks fails to open a company file that is stored on another system. The error also pops up when the multi-user connection to the server is blocked due to some reasons. If the files are damaged, or the Database Server Manager is inactive, you may lead to QuickBooks error h202 multi-user. Whenever the issue arises, it shows the following error message:
Error Code: H202 “This company file is on another computer, and QuickBooks needs some help connecting.”
What contributes to QuickBooks Error H202?
A communication issue between your QuickBooks desktop and the server may be a major factor leading to the QuickBooks Error H202 switching to multi-user mode. Below are some most common reasons responsible for the same error code.
- The misconfiguration in the hosting settings can trigger Error h202 in QuickBooks.
- Another apparent reason is when the exchange of company data between QuickBooks and the server is blocked by the system firewall.
- If the DNS settings may be inappropriately set up, it triggers error h202 in QuickBooks.
- The IP address of the Host or the server may not be available to QuickBooks Desktop, causing the same error.
- In case the essential QuickBooks services like the QBCFMonitor or QuickBooksDBXX are not running in the background, you might get into QB error h202.
- QuickBooks Database Server Manager is unresponsive.
- The Network (.nd) file might be corrupted or damaged.
- If QuickBooks services are inactive or disabled on the server, it may end up with QuickBooks Error H202.
- The multi-user network or connection is blocked or unable to communicate with the server.
- Damage or corruption in the company file or support file may also instigate the same error code.
Quick ways to chuck off QuickBooks Error H202!
Before moving ahead with the troubleshooting steps, make sure that users log in to QuickBooks as an administrator. Once done, carry out the below-listed troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue at the earliest.
Method 1: Test network connectivity
- To start off, hold and press the Windows + R keys to open the Run window.
- Now, enter CMD into the search box and click the OK button.
- Then, you have to ping your server from your computer.
- Simply type ping_server name and tap on the Enter key.
- You can carry out the steps mentioned above on all the systems that receive the same error.
- If the response you receive is slow or you lost a packet, then there might be some issue with the network that is required to repair.
Method 2: Check QuickBooks Services
- To start off, open QuickBooks Desktop.
- Now, navigate to the File menu and then select Utilities.
- Click on the Host multi-user access option.
Follow the below-listed steps to verify the running status for QuickbooksDBXX and QBCFMonitor Service on the server:
- You have to open the Run Window.
- After this, type services.msc in the text field and tap on OK.
- Once done, select QuickBooksDBXX.
- Next, check the Startup type and if it is Automatic or not.
- However, if the Startup type is not set as Automatic, then do it now.
- Moving ahead, verify the Service status and make sure that it is Running.
- Head to the Recovery tab and select it.
- Thereafter, go to the drop-down menus for first, second, and subsequent failures and choose to Restart the service of all these.
- Click Apply and then press the OK button to confirm the changes.
- At last, carry out all the preceding steps for the QBCFMonitorService.
Do you still have some queries related to QuickBooks Error H202? No worries: here’s the right solution for you. It’s very common to get into some unrecoverable errors while trying to switch from single-user mode to multi-user mode. However, if you’re on the same platform, then feel free to have a word with our certified experts at a Toll-free number +1-(855)-955-1942 to get all your doubts cleared at once.
Frequently Asked Questions
I’m constantly experiencing QuickBooks Error h202 while switching from single-user mode to multi-user mode. What to do to get over it?
Well, the error h202 in QuickBooks can be resolved easily by adding the server to the Windows file. For this, you are supposed to check out the steps inclined below:
- In the inception, close all Windows on your system.
- Now, navigate to C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\Etc or C:\Windows\Syswow64\Drivers\Etc on the server.
- When prompted for a program, click twice on the Hosts file and choose Notepad.
- After this, manually enter the IP address and then the name of the computer.
- For the server, type the IP address and name of the computer and for a computer, type the server’s IP address and the computer name. In order to separate the computer name and IP address, click the Tab key on your keyboard rather than the Space bar.
- Finally, try opening QuickBooks in multi-user mode and check if QuickBooks error H202 has been fixed or not.