Migration should be quick and secure when it comes to moving large email data. So, people use a popular or most preferred email service to manage email data. Because when data security comes as a prime necessity for the users. Then, every user prefers to manage email data somewhere in a secure platform. So, if you are a Yahoo user and planning to switch to Microsoft 365 platform, then this article is all about it. Here, we will discuss how to migrate Yahoo mail to Office 365 account with all emails.
For this migration, we will provide all possible solutions to help you transfer multiple emails in bulk from Yahoo Mail.
Since, there can be multiple users irrespective of the operating system you are using. Every user should look for a suitable and secure way to perform the migration.
As we said above there is no direct manual solution for this migration. Hence, you will need to follow a long process to migrate Yahoo email to Microsoft 365. Follow the steps to know the task of migration using manual method.
Manually Migrate Yahoo Mail to Office 365 / Microsoft 365
However, to start the migration manually Microsoft 365 account needs to be configured first, let’s go through the working steps-
- First, log in to your Yahoo Mail account >> Account Security, here enable the Allow apps that use less secure sign-in option.
- Then, MS Outlook >> File > Info > Add Account and click on Manual setup or additional server types for account configuration.
- After that tap on Next button to continue further migration.
- Here, choose the POP or IMAP option from the Choose your account type window and tap Next.
- In the New dialog box for Server Settings, enter Yahoo Mail credentials, including user email address and password.
- Then type pop.mail.yahoo.com for Incoming mail server and smtp.mail.yahoo.com for Outgoing mail server. After entering such details click on Next to proceed further.
- Now, tap on the More Settings option and enter the name of the user account.
- Here, you need to select the Outgoing Server tab and then click on My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication. Then, also use the same settings as my incoming mail server.
- Once theses settings are done, open the Advanced tab and for POP3 Server, type 995, and for SMTP Server, type 465. From the bottom, select SSL as the encryption type and select the “This server requires an encrypted connection” option.
- After this, simply click the mouse on the OK >> Next >> Finish option. After performing these steps, exit and restart the Outlook email client.
- Once you run the Outlook application, click on the Send/Receive tab at the top of the page and select the Send/Receive All Folders option. This way you will be able to see all your Yahoo folders in the main panel.
- After checking the folder, now you can go to the default location and check whether the exported Yahoo mails are in PST format or not.
- Once you get the PST file, you can easily transfer this file to office 365 account using network upload or using drive shipping method.
Reasons of Failure of Manual Method for Migration
Although you can move email from Yahoo Mail to Office 365, there are some drawbacks to using it. Since migration in this method requires a technically sound expert it becomes challenging for a novice user.
Furthermore, this manual technique is a long and time-consuming process for all Windows and Mac users.
Similarly, there may be a possibility of data loss during the Yahoo to Office 365 migration process.
Best Solution for a Quick Yahoo to Office 365 Migration
For smooth and quick migration, it is better to opt for some professional solution. So, in this case, we recommend you to go for SysTools IMAP to Office 365 Migrator Software for Windows OS. Using this automated software, one can transfer multiple emails from Yahoo Mail account to Microsoft 365.
Furthermore, the tool comes with basic steps to start the migration process from source account to destination account. In fact, a user can easily operate it to transfer email data from various IMAP enabled email services.
The best thing about this tool is that it can be operated on any latest or old version of Windows operating system. This means it is easy to work on Windows 2012/2016 Server, Windows 10/11 (64-bit) editions.
Learn How to Migrate Yahoo Mail to Office 365 on Mac Desktop
If you have a Mac desktop or are currently leaving the Windows operating system. Then you can use SysTools IMAP Email Migration Tool for Mac to perform secure Yahoo Mail migration to Office 365. This automated Mac-based software will ask you to enter a username and password for both accounts only.
After that, the tool will automatically transfer the bulk emails with attachments to Office 365 account. However, it will retain all data and keep the meta properties the same during migration for all Mac OS versions.
It is perfectly compatible with MacOS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion), MacOS X 10.9 (Mavericks), MacOS X 10.10 (Yosemite), MacOS X 10.11 (El Capitan), MacOS X 10.12 (Sierra), MacOS X 10.13 (High Sierra) is compatible. MacOS X 10.14 (Mojave), MacOS X 10.15 (Catalina), MacOS X 11.0 (Big Sur), MacOS X 12.0 (Monterey), MacOS X 13.0 (Ventura) Version.
Benefits of the Software to Transfer Emails
There are practically many benefits of using automated software such as-
- User can use the software for bulk Yahoo mail migration to Office 365 account with all attachments at once.
- It allows for concurrent migration, meaning that different Yahoo Mail accounts can be migrated to different Microsoft 365 accounts.
- In addition, the software comes with the facility to migrate Yahoo Mail to Office 365 on specific terms. In short, if only some email needs to be moved from one IMAP account to another. Then, you can use the date filter feature to perform selective migration only on both Windows and Mac OS.
- With these, a user gets the end result with the same folder hierarchy and email properties in the destination account. As this tool never affects the existing data of both Yahoo Mail and Microsoft 365 accounts.
- Similarly, this software is also capable of migrating new emails from the Yahoo mailbox to Microsoft Office 365. For this task, the tool provides a delta migration option that skips migrating emails from before every time you perform a migration.
Read More: How to Fix Outlook Stuck Not Responding Issue Smartly on Desktop?
In this article, we discussed how to migrate Yahoo mail to Office 365 / Microsoft 365 account. However, to help all you Windows and Mac users out there for a successful migration from Yahoo mailbox to O365. For that, we have shared the best possible automated solutions to ease the pain of the users for quick migration. Software to move Bulk Yahoo Mail emails to Microsoft 365 accounts will help in secure migration.