Summary:- In this write-up, we have provided the steps to convert Lotus Notes to Outlook by using the Lotus Notes to Outlook Converter Tool. It also highlights the various reasons due to which users want to migrate lotus notes to Outlook. But firstly, let’s discuss about the lotus note and Outlook.
The two most popular email programs for professionals are Lotus Notes and Microsoft Outlook. Both individual and enterprise-level consumers favour them because of their distinctiveness and security. These email clients are used by businesses to manage emails, notes, calendar entries, journals, and more. Despite performing similarly, they do not support each other’s formats. They each employ a distinct file format for storing data; for example, MS Outlook uses the PST file format, while Lotus Notes uses the NSF file format.
Reason to Convert Lotus Notes to Outlook
There are many benefits to export lotus notes email to outlook. Here is a list of a few of them:
- Professionals who change their employment (new office environment may be having MS Outlook).
- The email client used at work and at home is different.
- In comparison to Lotus Notes, MS Outlook is simpler to use.
- Compared to Outlook, Lotus Notes has a higher cost of maintenance.
Features of the Automated Tool Lotus Notes to Outlook Converter
Lotus Notes to Outlook Converter is the most reliable and proficient solution to convert lotus notes to Outlook PST file format. It is well-designed with a number of advanced solutions that makes the migration of NSF files into PST easy and 100% reliable. Some advanced feature of this utility is:-
- This utility converts the Lotus Notes NSF file into PST, EML, EMLX, MSG, MBOX, PDF, HTML, and CSV.
- Lotus notes converter migrates the NSF items into various email clients such as Office 365, Gmail, Yahoo, IMAP, etc.
- It provides easy to use interface to its technical and non-technical users.
- This software also allows users to option to remove duplicate emails from the selected NSF files.
- Lotus Notes to Outlook Converter preserve the folder hierarchy during the conversion process.
- In its free demo version, it allows users to export only 50 items per folder.
These are the salient feature of lotus notes to Outlook Converter. Now, let’s learn the step to convert lotus notes to Outlook.
Steps to Convert Lotus Notes to PST
You can follow these steps to convert lotus notes to Outlook
- On your local machine, run the NSF to PST Converter as an administrator.
- Depending on your needs, choose from the following:
- Select Files:- To add NSF files from the system, click on this option.
- Select Folder:- This option lets you select a folder containing multiple NSF files.
- Click the Open button after selecting the files.
- You will find NSF files, folders, and subfolders on another wizard.
- Select the folders you want to convert from the tree.
- A preview of the mail content, folder details, and attachment files is available by clicking Next.
- From the left panel, select PST as the saving format.
- Choose these features if required:
- Remove Duplicate Emails: Users can exclude similar emails from NSF folders using this feature.
- Exclude All Folders: This option excludes all document folders from NSF files.
- The following options are also available to you:
- HTML Formatting:- To download NSF items in HTML format, select this option.
- Split PST:- This feature allows you to split the resultant PST file into smaller pieces.
- Clicks on these buttons:
- Log File Path:- Choose this option to assign the saving location of the resultant file.
- Select Path:- Click on this to select the destination path for the output folder
- Click on the Convert button to start NSF to PST conversion process.
- It will take a while for the conversion to complete.
- Lastly, you will find a detailed conversion report. Click Ok
We have provided all the steps to convert lotus notes to Outlook efficiently. The article also mentions the various salient feature provided by the Lotus Notes to Outlook Converter tool. You can follow these steps to migrate the lotus note to Outlook PST.